Tuesday 15 November 2016

Hard Rock Café – Denver Visit

It’s been a while since I last visited a Hard Rock Café (if you exclude my recent veggie post), but with my work trip to Denver this week, I couldn’t pass up the chance to add a new one to the list! Given that I’ve made it very clear to my work colleagues how much I enjoy my quest to visit them all, Tariq knew he wasn’t getting out of the experience, even before I dragged him along - as soon as the opening session of our conference was done, we were there like a shot!


The café itself is conveniently located only five minutes from our hotel, in the 16th Street Pavilion Mall complex, a fact I was extremely excited about when we booked the accommodation! It wasn’t difficult to locate, and we knew we were heading in the right direction when we spotted the 20-foot neon guitar hanging from the corner of the building! The whole café is pretty big inside and covers two floors of the mall complex. There are numerous seating areas and even a stage for the variety of live music performances they host.
 
When we arrived, the restaurant was almost empty and we had no trouble getting a seat. We were quickly shown to a table by the stage and handed over to the friendliest waitress I’ve ever met – Babs! She was absolutely fantastic and, if Tariq didn’t already feel at home with his brand new cowboy hat, we certainly felt a warm Colorado welcome once Babs had finished talking to us! I asked if there were any special legendary cocktails (specific to Denver) and she rushed off to get something whipped up for me. On her return, I was presented with a deliciously fruity concoction entitled ‘Happiness and Bad Decisions’! While the first part was definitely true, I don’t regret my choice and would order it again in a heartbeat!
 
Our food was also absolutely delicious and arrived not long after the cocktail. Tariq went for the fried shrimp platter, served with coleslaw, seasoned fries and spicy cocktail sauce, and I decided to branch out from my usual potato skins and order the honey mustard grilled chicken sandwich. I couldn’t resist upgrading my fries to the tasty parmesan romano ones with garlic aioli, it was well worth the small extra cost!
 
 
 
Once we were suitably stuffed, we headed for the Rock Shop – after all, I couldn’t leave Denver without a souvenir to mark my Hard Rock visit! Given that it’s coming up to Christmas, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to pick up a t-shirt to add to Paul’s collection. I’ve told to him not to read any of my blog posts between now and then, so hopefully he doesn’t find out about it. I also wanted to add one of the exclusive pins to my ever growing collection. While browsing the rest of the merchandise, I couldn’t contain my excitement when I spotted a fluffy Hard Rock blanket on offer! I was so sad when I realised I’d forgotten to pack one from home, so I took it as a sure sign I needed to buy this one!
 
 
All in all, Hard Rock Denver is a great place to visit. The staff are some of the friendliest I’ve ever met, and really put a smile on my face! If you’re reading this Babs, I hope we tipped you enough – I’m British, and we’re not always the best at working those sorts of things out! In any case, I want you to know that you were honestly one of the nicest servers I’ve spoken to in a long time and you are absolutely fantastic at your job – I look forward to seeing you again if I’m ever back in the area!
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tariq with his brand new 'Indiana Jones' hat!

Me standing excitedly outside my latest Hard Rock Café!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Yay!!!! You didn't get potato skins!!! I'm crying with laughter at Tariq and that hat!!! Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I LOVE his hat!! It really suits him and goes well with the tweed jacket! :)

      Delete
  2. 'Happiness and Bed Decisions'sounds like my kind of cocktail! I've only even been to one Hard Rock Cafe so far but am determined to visit as many as possible in the future! Lisa Valentine | That British Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying to visit them all - we are lucky that there is one just round the corner from our hotel when we are on honeymoon! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! I went to Hard Rock in London and was so in awe - I even have a teddy from there! So I've decided to visit as many as I can on my travels and hopefully collect different teddies with the city's names on. If I ever go to Denver, I'll be sure to pop by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should become a member of Hard Rock Rewards, then they can track your visits and you get to see them on a wee map! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Hard Rock Cafe and have been lucky enough to visit the ones in Orlando, Key West and London. This one looks awesome! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to the Key West one, the Florida Keys are definitely high on my list of places to visit! :)

      Delete
  5. I have never been to a Hard Rock Café even though I've passed in front of many of them. The food looks crazy delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it some time, my next trip will be the Manchester one in December! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Hard Rock Café's, whenever I'm in a city that has one I go and visit it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun trying to tick them all off your list, isn't it?! :)

      Delete
  7. Tariq looks like he is loving that has haha! I've never been to a hard rock cafe! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's calling himself 'Dr Jones' now, haha!! You should visit one of the restaurants at some point, they are great! :)

      Delete
  8. Last time we went to Hard Tock they were so sweet to my little one. I was really impressed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my kids love Hard Rock, mostly because the staff are so great! :)

      Delete
  9. I love Hard Rock Café! I have only been to three in my life time. I hope to go to more though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! We've just come back from Seattle, so I'll be writing a post about that one soon! :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig