Friday 8 January 2016

The Liebster Award

A few days ago, Queering Through Life made my evening by nominating me for a Liebster award – thanks so much! This award is to recognise new bloggers, and share their work with the wider community – hopefully you like what you read!
 
Photo Credit - Queering Through Life

The Rules

Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (thanks again Queering Through Life)
Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive this awesome award
Give your nominees 11 questions to answer about themselves
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself

My Questions and Answers

1. Why do you blog?

Blogging is a way to relieve stress at the end of a long day or week. It helps me to clear my head, especially as I have been suffering from mental health problems recently. As I mentioned in a previous post, I also have a very spread out family, with relatives across the whole of the UK and some in Canada, so I wanted a way to update everyone with events in my life. My Dad lives in Kenya (I wish he would come home), so I wanted him to see what I’m up to in more detail, rather than relying on Facebook to do it for me! 

2. If you could do anything you wanted to with your life, what would it be?

That’s a tough one! I’m a scientist, so I’d want to do something scientific, that way I don’t feel like I’ve wasted my time studying. Other than that, I’d be happy doing anything that earns enough for me to provide a good life for my family. Work is just something I do to make my home life better!

3. What is your favourite hobby?

I think my favourite hobby has got to be gaming! We have two TVs in our living room, along with two Xbox One’s, so that both me and Paul can play together. We have met some fantastic people from the online gaming community, people we now call good friends and who we have invited to our wedding this year! Come along and join us sometime, we can defeat an enemy threat together!

4. If you could be a flavour, what would it be and why?

I suppose I would be mint, while it can be quite strong at first, at least it leaves a refreshing aftertaste!

5. What do you wish you were better at?

Paul will laugh at this one… I wish I was better at looking after sick people! Being a mother, you would expect that I’m caring and want to make people feel better, but in reality I can’t stand it! I can’t deal with vomit and I have the least amount of sympathy of anyone I know. Whenever Paul is sick, I’m just grumpy that he won’t cook for me anymore. Being better at looking after sick people would definitely make our relationship fairer to him!

6. What is your biggest goal for 2016?

My biggest goal for 2016 is to successfully organise our wedding. We get married in December, so I’ve got the whole year to make sure it’s a success. Usually I’m quite an organised person, but planning an event this big is definitely a challenge, hopefully it goes smoothly!

7. What is your favourite blog and why?

I don’t really have a favourite blog. I read a lot of different ones and each of them have things that interest me. The latest post I’ve read was from Last Year’s Girl and it inspired me to change things in my life and make myself a better person. Take a look at her blog, I’m sure you’ll love it!

8. What are your guilty pleasures?

Old dance music from the 90s and early 00s. Paul always makes fun of me whenever I ask to have it on in the car, so I have to listen to it in secret and pretend I’m 13 again!

9. How much time do you spend each day blogging?

I don’t blog every day, although I do promote things I’ve already written. This year, I plan to blog twice a week, as long as I’m not too busy. Every other day I will promote via social media, in the hope this will allow my blog to grow.

10. What is your favourite way to grow traffic on your blog?

The platform I use most is Twitter. At first, I was worried I would be spamming people by posting blog links too much, but when I saw how fast-paced Twitter actually is, I relaxed a little. I also enjoy Instagram as it’s a very visual way of sharing your content. If anyone wants to connect with me, you can find my social media links at the top of the page :)

My Nominees

And the award goes to… In all honesty guys, it was difficult to choose people to receive this award. It seems to be very popular and a lot of the blogs I read have already received it. I wasn’t able to find the full 11 nominees, but those I have found definitely deserve recognition. Don’t feel obliged to take part, I just wanted you to know how great you are!


Questions for my nominees

1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. How did you choose the name for your blog?
3. How did you choose your blogging niche?
4. Are there any bloggers who have inspired you?
5. How do you organise your time effectively as a blogger?
6. What is top of your to do list for 2016?
7. Have you ever visited anywhere that you thought was ‘breath-taking’?
8. Do you have any crazy habits that annoy people?
9. Is there a particular charity which is close to your heart?
10. Did you face any particular challenges which you overcame last year?
11. And finally, where do you see your life in the next 10 years?

11 Random Facts About Me
 
And to finish off, some random things about me...

1. I’m English but I’ve lived in Scotland now for the majority of my life, I feel like I’ve been properly adopted by the country :)
2. I play the flute
3. I enjoy whisky and am working my way round every distillery in Scotland
4. I have a chemistry degree
5. I once did a back flip… never again!
6. When I was younger I appeared on BBC Radio York
7. My favourite movie is Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
8. I once won a game of Texas Holdem Poker, not for money though
9. I met one of the actors who played Darth Vader
10. I have a collection of hundreds of Ty Beanie Babies, I always believed they would be worth thousands one day!
11. And finally, my party trick is being able to do the splits!

I hope you’ve enjoyed finding out a little more about me, I can’t wait to read the posts from my nominees.
 
 
Photo credit - Queering Through Life
 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me :) I really enjoyed reading this and finding out about you. Will get to mine over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm looking forward to reading all about you once your post is up :)

      Delete
  2. This was such a fun read! I learned we have some things in common. I also wish I was better at caring for sick people. I'm a horrible nurse and I feel so awful when my poor hubby is sick. He's such a terrific nurse when I am. We are also avid gamers, more PC than console. I'm currently stuck inside 7D2D with a friend, though have played tons of MMOs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, gaming is such a fun hobby and, aside from the initial cost of a game, is actually a relatively cheap way to have fun together :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, have been enjoying your blog, and hoped to nominate you for this award too, but I see you have done so already! Congrats and happy blogging to you! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, your comment made my day! It's always lovely to know people are enjoying what I have to say :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig