Monday 11 January 2016

Netflix and Thrill

We’re all familiar with the other saying… but that’s not what’s going on here! Seriously though, it’s amazing that I’d not discovered this fantastic source of ‘on-demand’ TV before! Yeah, I’ve known the service existed, but I always dismissed it as inferior to Sky, which has its own built in On Demand section. I finally succumbed this weekend, however, when a friend came round and told me I MUST watch ‘Making a Murderer’.
 

This documentary style series is filmed over 10 years and follows the life of Steven Avery, a DNA exoneree who spent 18 years in prison for a crime he did not commit. Upon his release, he seeks compensation for this wrong doing, but is very quickly implicated in another serious crime. In scenes that will tug at the hearts of viewers, Steven’s nephew, Brenden, is also accused and subsequently charged with the same crime.
 
The twists and turns in this true story are often difficult to keep on top of, but make for an intriguing viewing experience. With footage from the police investigation, along with courtroom coverage of the trials, we are provided with a unique insight into how the justice system handled this particular case. At its conclusion, there are still many questions left unanswered and the viewer can only presume what they think to be the truth. Afterwards, I found myself asking Paul ‘but what if…?’ on several occasions. 
 
At ten episodes in length, I expected it to drag on a little, but it is brilliantly compiled and kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting for each instalment. Luckily with Netflix, you only have to wait a few seconds for the next episode, so the only thing preventing me from watching this in one sitting was the need for sleep!
 
I can’t discuss the show any further without spoiling the viewing for others, I only recommend you watch it for yourself! Don’t read up on the case, or any of those involved, beforehand as I believe this will spoil part of the show for you - the element of surprise is crucial for some of the cliff-hangers! 
 
‘Making a Murderer’ is a Netflix original, meaning that Netflix is the only legal place you can find it, but it’s not the only gem hidden in the cave of listings. Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones are next on my list, so I can catch up with Paul’s knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Another friend also recommended Sense8, so I will likely give that a go too… right after I satisfy my new addiction to American Horror Story – although not a Netflix original, it’s conveniently available for my viewing pleasure!
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. AHS is my "OMG is the new season HERE YET!?!" show lol.

    Jessica Jones I fantastic, and Daredevil has spread had a cross over moment there.

    We got rid of cable two years ago, and depend soley on Netflix, Hulu, and amazon prime 😃

    Www.vixensquad.com

    Http://Mommyneedsavodkabreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just started watching AHS season 1 today. I tried to watch hotel when it started, but I got too confused, so I thought I'd better start at the beginning :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig