Wednesday 20 January 2016

Lush Valentine’s Mini Splurge

If you know me, you will understand my Lush obsession! With the launch of the new Valentine’s range, I just couldn’t resist a trip to my local store to stock up on some new goodies! Money is a bit tight with the wedding this year, so I only picked up a few items – I would have gone mad if I’d not restrained myself!
 

First of all, I grabbed myself the new ‘Lover Lamp’ bath bomb (£3.95). I’d been eyeing this one up since the range launched, so it was top of my list for the mini splurge. I tried it out as soon as I got home and was not disappointed. The bath bomb fizzes nicely, unlike some of the others which produce more of a creamy foam, and releases an explosion of little red hearts. There were also three larger, red, cocoa butter hearts which gradually melted long after the bomb had dissolved. My skin was left feeling wonderfully moisturised, and smelling a little like chocolate orange – delicious!
 
My next purchase was the ‘Prince Charming’ shower cream (£4.95 for 100g bottle). Unlike the shower gels, I love the shower creams for the wonderful moisturising effect they have on my skin. With pomegranate juice and grapefruit oil, the smell is similar to a fruit salad, which suits me nicely as I’m not keen on floral scents. You only need a small amount to work up a lather, meaning you can hang onto this fruity treat for a little longer than other products!

 
Finally, I picked up a lovely duo of lip scrub and lip gloss, both called ‘The Kiss’ (£5.50 scrub, £5.95 gloss). My lips often suffer during the winter months, with the skin cracking and becoming very sore. The lip scrub is perfect for smoothing and removing dry skin and has the added benefit of tasting delicious, although don’t make the mistake I did by buying any for your children – I gave a tub to my daughter and it was gone within a day, no wonder she was hyper! The lip gloss is solid and comes in a handy twist tube for easy application. Not being one for bright lip colours, the gloss is perfectly suited for me as it leaves only a hint of sparkly pink which can only really been when the light hits it.
 
For those of you who live in the States, these products are also available (except for the bath bomb) and are retailing at the following prices:

Prince Charming - $9.95 for 3.3 fl. oz.
The Kiss Lip Gloss - $8.95
The Kiss Lip Scrub - $9.95

There are a various other products and gift sets available in the Valentine’s range this year, has anyone tried any others?
 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Your pics make this all look so delicious to use! Lush is such a luxury thing to use that I only get treated to it in special occasions. Must show my hubby their valentines range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lizzie! I wasn't as happy with my pics this time, so your comment has cheered me up :) Drop hints to your hubby, the bath bomb is perfect for sharing a bath ;)

      Delete
  2. But it looks so expensive, I just can't justify spending that much money. I've never even been in, they're just crowded and really strong smelling.
    Saying that their stores are GORGEOUS, they look so like an instagram picture waiting to happen and I'm sure 100% if I use their products I'd become addicted (from what I've heard) but I just can't afford to spend that much on myself. :(
    -Poor girl complaints.
    HAHA, thanks for sharing though, atleast I can talk about some products of theirs if it comes up hehe x Amy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does get pretty expensive! Before my son was born, I would buy stuff all the time, but now I get it for Christmas or as a treat every so often :)

      Delete
  3. Everyone seems to be crazy over anything Lush. Think I need to try some of their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth trying, you should pop along to your local store :)

      Delete
  4. I find the scent in the stores so overpowering I have to walk by but these bits and pieces look so nice I might just see if I can get them online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent can be a bit much sometimes, but I've used their online marketplace before and the service is still just as good :)

      Delete
  5. Oh it all looks so fab! Lush is a real 'treat yourself' place, isn't it? My lips get really dry in the winter, never thought to use a lip scrub, I might just pop to Lush in my lunch hour and get one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend the lip scrubs for dry lips, they have others available, but this one is limited edition ;)

      Delete
  6. These look gorgeous but I just have to read and admire as my husband is so sensitive to perfumes and fragrances that I can't have anything scented in the house :-(
    Maybe when he's away for work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a shame. The lip stuff should be ok, as you can keep that tucked away in your handbag :)

      Delete
  7. I love the look of the new Valentines day stuff from Lush, I need to make a trip in and get some bits myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, especially for the new bath bomb, it's gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  8. They all look so fab! I am always on the lookout for things I can "hint" to my husband that I like him to "surprise" me with ;) and these looks exactly right for Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm hoping this blog post is a big enough hint for my partner ;)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig