Saturday 16 January 2016

5 Ways To Make 2016 My Year

I’ve been waiting for 2016 for what seems like ages, this should be the best and most exciting year of my life. I wanted to start the year with a bang, raring to go with all my wonderful ideas – my depression had other plans. I’ve only struggled with mental illness for just over a year, but it makes the simplest of tasks often seem impossible. When I heard about this recent blog hop linkup (see my last blog hop post for an example), I took it as an opportunity to remind myself what I have to look forward to this year…
 

My Wedding!
 
This is the big one, 2016 is the year I get married – eeeekkk!! We got engaged on Christmas Day 2012 and booked the venue the following March – this year, we finally get to say ‘I Do’ surrounded by our nearest and dearest, nestled in the magnificent Scottish Highlands! I feel like my depression has robbed me of some of the excitement a bride should experience, so this year I’m determined to get it back! We still have so many things to book and organise, I’m especially looking forward to finalising the wedding breakfast menu!
 
My Hen Party
 
With every wedding, there absolutely must be the traditional Hen and Stag Do’s! Due to my recent lack of enthusiasm, I delegated all the organisation to my bridesmaids and I’m so glad I did! Winter weddings don’t often come with the best weather, so we both thought that the warmer months would be more suitable for parties – what better way to improve my mood than with a mystery weekend away at the end of the summer with my fav girlies?!
 
Being a Mother for a Decade
 
This one kind of crept up on me… After a recent high school visit with my work, I realised it’s been almost ten years since I left high school. Given my scandalous history as a pregnant pupil, this would also mean my daughter will be ten this year and I will have been a mother for a whole decade! Wow, how did that happen?! I can’t be that bad at parenting if I’ve managed to care for a whole other tiny human for ten years!
 
Paul’s 30th
 
As if the year wasn’t already exciting enough, Paul has his 30th birthday to look forward to – this one I get to plan all by myself! It’s been a while since anyone has celebrated a big birthday in this house, so I will be pulling out all the stops to make his perfect! After the various let downs he’s had in recent years, I refuse to let my mental health get in the way of marking this milestone!
 
Finally Ditching the Depression Meds!
 
Medication was never meant to be a long term coping plan for managing my mental health, so I’m hoping this year will mark the end of my dependence on it. My Uni offer a meditation and stress relief course, so I signed up without a second thought – the first class starts in a couple of weeks! Although I’m nervous about speaking to strangers, I’m excited to be taking the first steps towards a happier future!
 
Now I’ve told you why 2016 will be my year, please check out these other fantastic bloggers – they had a choice of either describing what will make this year great, or creating a reverse bucket list of things they are already proud they have achieved, enjoy!
 
Arnitris at Blessed Be the Tie
Tamkia at Parent Xpress
Elizabeth at Mommy Gone Tropical
Beck at Beck List
Aileen at Aileen Cooks
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Great Post!!! Congrats on the wedding how exciting! 2016 will be a great year looking forward to reading more articles on how your year is!!
    Leah Ashley http://messycuttingboard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hopefully going to be blogging a lot about the wedding this year! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope this year is all you're hoping for, it sounds like it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really hoping it's going to be amazing! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great post! Last year marked me being a mother for a decade too... It was so scary as I myself was a teenager too when I had her, I haven't done a bad job though as she's still functioning haha! This year marks her going off to secondary school which is so scary, especially as she has applied to my old one!

    I'm sure you're so excited for your wedding and hen party, just make sure you take the time to enjoy them and not worry so much about the little things xxx

    Charli | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, secondary school! I'm going to feel so old when that happens, but I have until 2018 to wait!

      I will try not to worry too much about things, but I like things organised in a very particular way, my post about glitter glue is evidence of this haha!

      http://tiggypoesandflutterbys.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/i-hate-glitter-glue-wedding-planning-on.html

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, I hope you claw back your excitement for your wedding and hen party. Depression is a bitch and I totally get that it can hold you back from life. Hopefully your meditation course will help! Postive vibes sent for 2016! This is your year. Staceyxx

    http://stcy88.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Depression really can be a bitch, but I've found blogging really helps. There seem to be so many other bloggers who suffer from it, so the online community is a great place to get support! :)

      Delete
  5. This is great, writing down your goals will help you focus, I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Blogging is definitely a help with getting back to where I want it :)

      Delete
  6. How lovely to have all your wedding celebrations to look forward to, 2016 will certainly be a special year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the year! :)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant! It's great to have a plan in place it gives you a focus on what you want to achieve, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant year :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I find making proper plans helps so much when managing depression :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig