Thursday 19 November 2015

When is the right time to start a blog…?

...I’m pretty sure it’s not today! I feel like death and my chest hurts every time I take a breath - sounds like a job for the doctor. Regardless of that fact, I’m soldiering on with work, resisting the urge to vomit all over my neatly arranged samples in the lab… Welcome to Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys!

Why have I not gone home? Well, my son was recently sick all over our couch and the smell lingered for days, despite vigorous cleaning - I don’t want to have a repeat incident! In any case, being ill when you have children often involves them screaming about being hungry while demanding you entertain them with games and such like – work sounds like a far superior environment to recover in.
 
Perhaps I should concentrate more on why I’m writing a blog?
 
About a year ago, members of my research group were asked to contribute to a blog. As a naturally self-conscious person, I’m seldom comfortable with voicing my opinions, especially in a written format. A less friendly version of Jiminy Cricket is usually perched on my shoulder, whispering the words ‘Now remember, you’ve failed English… twice!’ Despite my worries, I wrote a few articles and discovered the whole process to be a fun way of communicating with a wider audience, relieving stress along the way.
 
Whether my snippets of daily life gather a huge following, or remain a semi-private diary in a quiet corner of the internet, I hope to provide you (my potential readers) with some comic relief along the way.
 
These first posts always seem a tad unfinished, lacking in any major content. On a day like today, my mind seems fixated on the subject of sickness therefore, at the risk of putting anyone off their food, I will end my ramblings here…
 
Thanks for taking the time to visit, I will hopefully return soon with a ‘proper’ post,
 
Stay well
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Favourite quote "A less friendly version of Jiminy Cricket is usually perched on my shoulder, whispering the words ‘Now remember, you’ve failed English… twice!’" haha brill!! Love it

    ReplyDelete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig